Tales of The Land
Creation of T E M A G A M I
The Legend begins 10,000 years ago when the mountains were erupting volcanoes.
From the volcanic age, granite landscapes emerge.
Giants roam the earth, planting the now towering trees of Temagami carving the Lake accordingly.
Creation of M I S A B I
The descendants of the giants, MISA'BI
, who are the Teme-Augama Anishinabe, are given the responsibility to be custodians of the land.
They understand the significance of the forest.
- it is where life spirit arrives
- it is how life is sustained on earth
- it creates balance in the human spirit
- it is where we derive our common sense from
- it provides the passage "Chi BAIGAN" to leave the earth
told by :