The Land of Deep Water - Temagami
is based and was inspired by my experience of the Land and people who take care of it. I am a lucky man to be awarded such experience, all of which was great! I am honoured to have friends and traditional family support from Bear island. - N.K.
Miigwich - Thank you! :
- Elder Lawrence Twain for spiritual guidence and support.
- Elder Woody Becker for dog Nimush and all kinds of support and useful information.
- Katt family, Bear island - for your support and understanding.
- Leo James Paul, for the shelter and food when I was in need, sharing with me visions of the Land and your steady support.
- Alex Mathias for sharing the knowledge about the Land,help in understanding and wise advise.
Gloria Katt, Temagami First Nation, Bear Island: for your hospitality and understanding
- Friends from Bear island, for your support and sharing with me your time, which was always great.
- Camp Wanapitei, lake Temagami
- Obabika Lake Lodge
- and many people: Tree People, Winged People, Stone People, Animal People, Water People who assist me in transportation, accomodation and inspiration.
- Gloria Katt, Bear island, Temagami lake
- Mary Katt, Bear island, Temagami lake
- Woody Becker, Bear island, Temagami lake
- Lawrence Twain, Makominising (Bear) island, Temagami lake
- Alex Mathias of Obabika Lake and his family, Temagami
- Leo Paul, Manitou lake, Temagami
- Tom Friday, Bear island, Temagami lake
- Doug Turner , Makominising island, Temagami lake
- Sevan , Wakimika (Waw-kaym-ika) Lake, Temagami
- Bruce Clark, LL.B., M.A., Ph.D.
- Ed MacPherson of Guelph, Ontario
- Kim Cowan of Kitchener, Ontario
- Dr. F.G. Speck, anthropologist
- James Morrison, ethnohistorian and researcher
- Thor Conway, regional archeologist with the Ministry of Citizenship and Culture
This site may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by copyright owner. Such material was made available in efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. It is believed this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.
For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
Images found in galleries
and throughout this website are free
to be copied, archived, printed and distributed for non-profit personal and educational use only and require no permission from the authors. Let us
know if you have photos to share.
Images shall not be displayed, partially or fully, modified or unmodified, stored or used in any form on any
commercial (i.e. top domain levels .com, .biz or any other with commercial content
), military (.mil
) or government host or web site whereas hypertext links to their original location are encouraged and permitted.
Photographs are licensed under Creative Commons License
Nativeweb Network: www.nativeweb.net
This website is a (Micro$oft)-free
Please E-mail your concerns about content, suggestions and contributions to webmaster:
Makominising (Bear) Island aka Bear Island Federal Indian Reserve #1, Ontario, Canada
Temagami Lake - Toronto, Ontario
Last updated: January 2006