Food that I cook and eat
even while sunburning their skins
humans and all other mammals
are unable to take in enough radiant energy
to keep them alive.
to circumvent mammals attempting futilely so to do
nature has invented
the green vegetation on the dry lands,
and the algae in the waters around the Earth.
the vegatation and the algae
impound the Sun's radiation by photosynthesis
converting the radiation
into orderly molecules,
which constitute biological life's
prime energy harvest.
Buckminster Fuller .
Recipes from neo nomadic cousine
j u m p to
S O U P S
R I C E
B E A N S
S O U P S
P O T A T O E S -n B E A N S
-rinse and soak beans in water for 3-4 hours
- beans (northern/navy), 1-2 cups
- potatoes, 5-7
- carrots, 1
- bay/maple leaf
- dried parsley
- dried dillweed
- sunflower oil, 1 tblspn
-cook in the same water for 1-2 hours until beans are tender, level 3-4
-cut potatoes, add carrots and spices, cook until potatoes are ready, level 2-3
-add tblspn of oil
C A B B A G E w/ B E A N S
-pre-soak beans in water overnight,boil beans in water on medium(level 2-3) heat for 1-2 hrs or until tender.
- 3l water
- 1/2 cup of beans (white northen,romano,navy,etc)
- 3 beats with leaves, chopped
- 1/3 of medium white cabbage, sliced
- 1/2 of medium carrot, chopped
- half of red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 4-5 gremini(white) or shiitake musrooms, sliced
- 3 stems of dried dill
- 3 dried bay leaves
- 5 black pepper seeds
- 1 small dried red hot pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- terragon leaves
- 5 cloves
- 1 tbsp sage
-add beats, cabbage, carrot, tomato,mushrooms, salt, spices(as above).boil for 15-20 minutes on low heat (1-2/10).
-add chopped garlic, put tight lid, simmer for 5-10 minutes.
-when served, add 1tbsp of sour cream per bowl, fresh chopped dill.
boiled potatoes on a side are great too.
SPLIT PEAS w/ P O T A T O E S
-rinse and soak split peas for 3-4 hours or until water is absorbed
- yellow/green split peas, 1 cup
- potatoes, 2-3
- carrot, 1
- mushrooms, gremini 1-2, shiitake 2-3
- celery, 1
- bay leaf, 2
- basil leaves
- dried parsley, dill, garlic, 3 cloves
-if using dried mushrooms - soak mushrooms too
-cook slow (2-3 hours) until all peas fall apart
-add cut potatoes, sliced carrot,celery and cook on low level (2-3) for 15-20 min
just add boiled water when warming up and soup is too thick :)
P O T A T O E S w/ MUSHROOMS
Start boiling sliced mushrooms first, then add potatoes + spices.
Wild RICE as it is
Wild RICE with MUSHROOMS
Wild RICE with MOOSE and BLUEBERRIES
Parched wild RICE
curry rice with mushrooms and dried barberries
1 cup of long grain basmati rice
1 cup of water
5-7 fresh mid-size shiitake(gremini) mushrooms,finely chopped
1 medium carrot,shredded
1 tsp caraway seeds
1 tbsp lemon grass,chopped
2 tbsp dried barberry(cranberry)
2 tbsp sunflower oil
red pepper for additional taste
- rinse rice, add 1 cup of water, put on high heat( 4-5 out of 10), add sunflower oil, salt,
- boil until water level is below rice level,add washed
barberry(cranberry),put tight lid and low heat(1 out of 10) for 10-15 minutes.
- fry on medium(3-4/10) heat with olive oil shredded carrot, mushrooms, lemon
grass, caraway seeds, red pepper for 10-13 minutes.
- add rice, mix well and fry for 5-10 minutes on medium heat (3-4/10).
B E A N S
Beans in SOUPS
Beans with C O R N
Beans with WILD RICE
Beans with POTATOes
Beans with RICE
Beans with MUSHROOMS
Beans with SQUASH